My genealogical quest is a continued pursuit and, hopefully, solution of mysteries. Some current quests:
* Who were the parents of John Seers? I know he was born in Delaware in 1777 and died April 30, 1850 at Fishers Ferry, Northumberland County PA. I would like to identify his parents. I suspect that, like many of his neighbors, had roots in New Jersey but I have not succeeded in locating them.
* I have discovered the parents of Sarah Ream, born Jan. 20, 1826, died Sept. 22, 1896, who married John Samuel Lindermuth on April 23, 1846 in Orwigsburg, Schuylkill County PA were Peter and Magdalena (Hummel)Ream of Manheim Twp., Schuylkill County. I seek more on her siblings and Peter's parentage
* Who were the parents of Thomas Reed Sr., who died at Norwegian Township, Schuylkill County, circa 1803. I suspect he relates to the Riet/Rieth families who came to the Tulpehocken territory from Schoharie, NY, but have not linked him to any yet.
* I also seek to learn more about the family of Margaret Ellen Becker (born May 14, 1857) who married John Samuel Lindermuth (born Sept. 23, 1854)at Schuylkill Haven. I now know her father was Henry, not Charles, and her mother was Catherine Mary Ream (another Ream mystery). She had a brother Charles and sisters, Lizzie, who married Henry Kantner, and Amelia, who married Charles Miller. I would love to know more about them.
* Who were the parents of Benjamin Franklin Geistwite born March 16, 1847 at Chapman Township, Snyder (then Union) County PA? His death certificate lists his father as John but it could also be John Jacob or Jacob John. His mother is believed to have been a Shaffer/Sheaffer.
* I also still seek more data on the siblings of Hannah Kantner, born Jan. 13, 1797, d/o Johannes and Catherine Elizabeth (Emerich) who married Jacob Lindemuth in 1819 in Orwigsburg. She had a brother, John; possibly another, Jacob, and sisters Catherine, married Abraham Bechtold/Bechtol; Maria, married George Huntzinger; Elizabeth, married Nicholas Border; Barbara, married Philip Bachert, and Susanna, married Daniel Fink.